The Drivetrain Difference
Since 1980, Drivetrain has been saving our customers time & money by reducing downtime. We offer unparalleled experience, knowledge, and inventory to get you back on the road.
Established in 1980, Drivetrain was primarily dedicated to Driveshaft and CB Axle rebuilding, adding steer axle rebushing, boring, and sleeving by 1986. Our current leadership team purchased the business in 1994. Our leadership team grew the company to service and supply a broader range of componentry by listening to our customers.
Innovation is in our blood!
Through innovation and focus on superior customer service, Drivetrain Service & Components is now one of the largest top-tier suppliers of new and remanufactured transmissions, differentials, PTOs, pumps, hydraulic cylinders, and all associated parts in the Midwest.
We understand the world of trucking has many complicated attributes, and when it comes to parts and service, we want our customers to know they have a partner with expertise, honesty, and passion. So if you have any questions or would like a quote, please call us, and let us prove it.
Provide customers a unique one-on-one experience bringing big business capabilities with small family business ethics.
Drivetrain Service & Components History
- Established in 1980 primarily dealing with driveshafts & CV axles.
- 1986 we added steer axles, hydraulics, and PTO rebuilding
- 1994 the current management team purchased the business
- 1996 partnered with a large manufacturing company to enhance our service offerings
- 1997 Chicago Transit Authority became a key client
- 1998 MACK Truck brought us on board as a Vibration Analysis Center
- 2001 Became regional distribution center for United Parcel Service
- 2004 Drivetrain added Fed Ex to the client list and started manufacturing drivelines for Telma Retarder
- 2005 started working with Cummins Incorporated on multiple re-power projects
- 2011 Began assembling drivetrain kits for Gliders
- 2013 Obtained Certification for High-Speed Balance and Driveshaft Angle Analysis for multiple OEMs
- 2016 Became an Eaton Authorized Rebuilder and started manufacturing drivelines for Lightning Hybrids
- 2017 Introduced state-of-the-art Hydraulic Center
- 2018 Became Meritor Authorized Reman Center
- 2020 undertook expansion into a broader national market
- 2021 Grew our team past the 50 employee mile stone to better support our customers and their needs
- 2022 Purchased another 40,000 sq ft facility to allow for more growth across all departments