The Drivetrain Difference
Welcome to Drivetrain Service and Components Inc, a pioneering force in the heavy-duty truck parts industry since our establishment in 1980. With a remarkable journey spanning over four decades, we have evolved into a market leader, proudly offering a diverse range of premium products and solutions. Our expansive 80,000 sq. ft. facility stands as a testament to our commitment to excellence, housing an unparalleled selection of transmissions, differentials, driveshafts, and hydraulic products. We boast an extensive inventory that caters to the intricate needs of the trucking world, ensuring that our valued customers find the perfect components to keep their vehicles running smoothly. At Drivetrain, our dedication to quality, innovation, and customer satisfaction propels us forward, as we continue to set new standards in the heavy-duty truck parts landscape.
Innovation is in our blood!
We understand the world of trucking has many complicated attributes, and when it comes to parts and service, we want our customers to know they have a partner with expertise, honesty, and passion. So if you have any questions or would like a quote, please call us, and let us prove it.
Provide customers a unique one-on-one experience bringing big business capabilities with small family business ethics.
Drivetrain Service & Components History
- Established in 1980 primarily dealing with driveshafts & CV axles.
- 1986 we added steer axles, hydraulics, and PTO rebuilding
- 1994 the current management team purchased the business
- 1996 partnered with a large manufacturing company to enhance our service offerings
- 1997 Chicago Transit Authority became a key client
- 1998 MACK Truck brought us on board as a Vibration Analysis Center
- 2001 Became regional distribution center for United Parcel Service
- 2004 Drivetrain added Fed Ex to the client list and started manufacturing drivelines for Telma Retarder
- 2005 started working with Cummins Incorporated on multiple re-power projects
- 2011 Began assembling drivetrain kits for Gliders
- 2013 Obtained Certification for High-Speed Balance and Driveshaft Angle Analysis for multiple OEMs
- 2016 Became an Eaton Authorized Rebuilder and started manufacturing drivelines for Lightning Hybrids
- 2017 Introduced state-of-the-art Hydraulic Center
- 2018 Became Meritor Authorized Reman Center
- 2020 undertook expansion into a broader national market
- 2021 Grew our team past the 50 employee mile stone to better support our customers and their needs
- 2022 Purchased another 40,000 sq ft facility to allow for more growth across all departments
“UPS has been doing business with Drivetrain Service & Components for about 15 years. They have proven to be very dependable and provide us with excellent service. The finished product is always reliable and their rebuilt products are of the highest quality. We started using them to rebuild our front axles on the GMC Package Cars. Since then, the products and services we use with Drivetrain have grown tremendously. In all the Illinois area facilities we have made them our preferred supplier for our MDC (UPS Material Distribution Center) in Nashville, TN. Their employees are always courteous and prompt. Drivetrain has been a true partner supplying UPS with quality rebuilt Items and helped us in maintaining our vehicles cost effectively.“
– Jack Hardt
UPS Fleet Manager
“I have been dealing with Drivetrain Services for over 20 years. They have alway provided excellent service and quality work. As their business grew the extra services they provided only enhanced their position as a go-to-vendor. Our fleet is comprised of many different types of vehicles, specialty equipment, and off-road equipment. Every time I sent them something it came back like new. Their axle surgeon services are unique and invaluable.
As this facility changes and grows we will only rely more on the services that Drivetrain Services provides. The team at drivetrain has always been friendly, knowledgeable and professional. We look forward to continuing our business relationship with Drivetrain services.”
– Dan Walsh
“I have been dealing with Drivetrain Service since the 1996. Whenever I have switched locations, I’ve taken Drivetrain with me. From Ford, to Peterbilt to Freightliner and now to Dickenson Fleet Where ever I have worked, the current vendor at the time has never matched up to the expertise responsiveness and performance of Drivetrain Service. They make my work day easier and trouble free The support I receive from them In resolvmg drivetraln problems Is excellent They will always be a part my Journey.”
– Dan Polka
Regional Service Manager Midwest
Dickinson Fleet Services
“These guys do a really good job on all major truck components. The shop is very nice. Turn around time is super quick. A big thank you from all of us at Lin Mar Towing!!! Keep up the good work.”
Lin-Mar Towing & Recovery
“It is my pleasure to recommend the quality work of Drivetraln Service & Components Inc. Over the past 20+ years we have worked with Drivetraln on numerous projects we have had in our shop from kingpin machining to transmission replacement to thear large parts inventory when you need something in a pinch. Along with transportation we also take in outside repair to keep our shop busy during slow periods. Drivetrain service’s products and quality of work are unmatched to the competitors at competitive pricing with high value, which keeps my customers happy without the concern of mechanical failures. Their technical knowledge and help in problem solving is invaluable. The most important part to me is that Drivetrains performance has been the same throughout the years.”
– CJ Boomsma
Monroe Transportation Services
“If you need your large truck parts look no further. These fine people have it all. Stop in and take a look at what they can do for you. They have the fairest prices and stand behind what they do. Kudos to Drive Train Services.”
– Jim B.
“Great service and the prices are reasonable. I will use them for all my vehicles.”
– Edgar E.